It’s time to practice sounds! Today we’re sharing four at-home activity worksheets that help promote communication.
The worksheets are to intended provide you and your child a fun and interactive way to increase and enhance communication and vocabulary. They are literacy building activities that will encourage the idea of listening for the initial sound of the word.
Sounds practiced: A, B, C, and D
Age: Toddlers through Preschoolers.
How to play:
- Click on the image to bring up the PRINTABLE activity. Print it out. Cut out the words on the second page.
- Sit in a quiet and comfortable place.
- Lay the sheet with the pictures & words on a table or flat surface
- Call out out the words on the cards that you cut out before you started.
- Help your child match the words you call out to the pictures. See if they can match the first letter or recognize the word.
- Once you’ve done them all, help your child to repeat and ‘read’ the words that they matched.
(To bring up the printable activity, just click on the image.)
Don’t forget to store your worksheet sets in ziplock bags so you can play again.
All worksheets were created by Kerri Podolsky, ECE.
For more information about speech and language therapy, visit our website or call our clinic at 905-886-5941.